Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First ultrasound


We went to our first appt. today. They did a ultrasound on my belly at first, but we were not able to see a good picture, so they did a vaginal ultrasound. Then we saw a great picture. I can't believe how it looked. We saw the head and the butt and then a spot that blinked which was the heart beating. The baby measured about 1 1/2 inches. Oh and my new due date is October 30th. Then my Dr. turned on the sound and we heard the heart beat. It was beating so fast. It's amazing we can already hear it so early. It is beating 158 times per minute. That is a strong heartbeat according to the Dr. According to some this also means its a girl.(Probably a myth) However, the Dr. said that we can find out the sex at 18 weeks which will be in 10 weeks. I can't wait because I want to start buying things!! I guess for now we will focus on moving the office furniture into the spare bedroom and painting. (Clint will I mean). The Dr. also told us about some myths out there and told us whether they are fact or fiction. She said I could eat lunch meat and mexican cheese dip. I was glad to hear about the cheese dip. It's my favorite. Our next appt. is April 21st.

1 comment:

  1. Great Aunt Jill said she was going to call her little great niece or nephew PEANUT.... pretty appropriate since it is about the right size and kinda looks like a peanut! ha

    We are so excited and very happy everything looks so good. Great Maw Sue is hoping for an Oct. 24th birth (her birthday)... could easily happen.

    I would like to introduce myself to the little peanut. I am Granda Shanda. :) You can call me Granda. Granda and Grandpa love you already.

    ReplyDelete