Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Confirmation Appt.

I went to the Dr. today to get my pregnancy confirmed and to get some questions answered. They were able to squeeze me in for a 1:30 appt. At this appt. I just met with the nurse. I will meet with the Dr. at my next appt. which is the 8 wk appt. This is March 25th. At this appt. I will have an exam and ultrasound. The Dr. will be able to see if the baby is implanted into the uterus, we get to hear a heartbeat, and she will measure the baby. We will also get a more exact due date. The tentative due date is October 31st. No trick or treating for us...

The check up schedule will be as follows:
every 4 wks until 32 weeks
every 2 wks until 36 weeks
then every week till delivery.

Next they did a urine test and it was positive. :-) This confirmed the four tests I had already taken at home.

Then they took some blood. This was sent off to test for iron levels other misc. things and to identify blood type. I had a list of questions to ask but the nurse answered most of them before we even got to mine. I was told exercise is okay and is encouraged. The only food I have to avoid is raw fish. This won't be a problem since I don't eat sushi. (Me and sushi had a bad night together once upon a time.) I was given a bag of stuff to go before I left my appt. It had two different kinds of prenatal vitamins for me to try. The one that sits better on my stomach the Dr. will write a prescription for at my next appt. Also in my bag were some Tums. They are good for indigestion and to increase calcium intake. I am supposed to take two a day.

This has been a whirlwind of emotions the past few days. I am sooooo excited but glad to have friends and family to support Clint and I. If you have access to this blog then you are one of a few who know about our pregnancy. Glad we can share these early moments with you.

6 comments:

  1. SHANDA SAID...
    Heather, this blog is a great idea, not only to keep family and friends informed, but also for you and Clint to look back on. It will also save you from having to repeat yourself over and over when us nosy Grandparents ask all our questions. We can just come here for the answers. "Grandpa" and I are very excited and can't wait till the next appointment. We are also looking forward to telling the family when you get ready. Robert has declared that he will be called "Grandpa", I still haven't decided on what I want to be called. So I will take any suggestions into consideration. For today, I will sign off as .... ..... Gran'Mama Shanda...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clint recommends Mammie Shandie. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are more excited than you could know. So happy you could share the news with us. We can't wait to see you really soon!

    Uncle Jamie and Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. James (Uncle Jamie) recommends "Shandma".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanda said...
    I am happy to see that Daddy Clint and Uncle Jamie are helping me with my name!
    Mammie Shandie ha ha ha I think that would be a little long and it reminds me of Mammy on Gone with the Wind. Clint? Do I remind you of Mammy? :)
    Shandma............ sounds close to Grandma ... that could work. I will think about that one. Thanks Uncle Jamie! I will seriously consider that one.

    ReplyDelete