Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

15 1/2 week appt.

I went for another appt. on 5/12/10. The same workup was done at the beginning of the visit... blood pressure, urine test for iron levels and weight check.

I gained two pounds since my last visit. I have been having lots of allergy and sinus issues but my doctor assured me Tylenol Sinus is okay to take. Also allergy medications are okay also. My doctor said that I am progressing nicely and are just the right size. I was worried I was not big enough. She also said that I will notice the biggest jump in weight gain between 18 to 22 weeks, so not to be worried because I will not consistently gain that amount in that short amount of time in the future.

I got the hear the babies heartbeat and the baby kept moving so much it took a minute for the machine to register. The doctor had to keep moving the monitor to find it. She went pretty low on me and was able to get a good read. The little guy or girl was active. The heartbeat was between 146-150 bpm. Right where it should be. The doctor said I should be able to feel the baby between 18 to 20 weeks. Then daily at 24 weeks. That will be neat, but different!

While at the visit I also got some information on classes to take at the hospital. They offer a childbirth education class which is a 4 to 5 week course on Tuesday and Thursday nights. During the class they also give us a tour of the labor and delivery rooms. They also offer breastfeeding classes. I plan to get signed up for these classes, we need all the classes we can get. At least I do. :-)

Reminder we find out what we are having at our next appt. June 9th. Yay!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment